Reconstructive Urologists in Ahmedabad
Male reconstructive urology (also called male genitourinary reconstruction) can be used to treat physical abnormalities, repair trauma related to major surgery or accidents, or manage certain bladder control problems like incontinence and overactive bladder (OAB). Dr. Kunal Aterkar is the best reconstructive urologist in Ahmedabad for urological surgery, offering comprehensive services and programs to help patients with a number of reconstructive needs.
What are the reasons to visit a Urologist?
- If you are having a problem with your urinary tract or genitals then you should check some symptoms before visiting the urologist
- If you see blood coming through your urine
- If you see things like urine leaking out in normal conditions, Not getting Toilet pressure on time and it is happening on daily basis then also it is a sign that you have poor bladder control, painful urination, Sexual problems for male or female, Urinary tract infection and enlarged prostate.
- If you see these symptoms then you should visit the urologist immediately and consult with him.
What is reconstructive urology?
It is the field in which the urinary tract is reconstructed and restored to its normal function by recreating, repairing and rerouting of upper and lower urinary tracts and affected reproductive organs.
The main focus of reconstructive urology is urethral structure reconstruction.
What is urethral reconstruction?
In case if you do not know, urethra is a tube that carries urine out of the body from bladder through the penis. Urethral reconstruction is a procedure to repair and restore strictures and congenital urethral malformations.
What is Urethral Stricture?
Urethral stricture is nothing but a blockage to the flow of urine through the urinary tract.
How urethral stricture occurs?
It occurs due to the skin that gradually forms because of injury or in another case it occurs because of fungal infections which occur mostly due to sexually transmitted diseases.
Posterior urethral strictures evaluation procedures
Before the surgery, several evaluation procedures are followed.
- MRI Scan
for getting a view over the bladder.
for getting image of urethra.
For more detailed information.
Treatment or surgery for Reconstructive urology.
Clitoridectomy, foreskin restoration, Hypospadias, Labiaplasty, Phalloplasty, Metoidioplasty and sex reassignment surgery to alter the gender of a person to the required gender. - (Source - Wikipedia)
- Urinary Tract and Genital Reconstruction:
- Transition Urology/Congenital
Dr. Kunal Aterkar, Specialized urologist in Ahmedabad in all areas of male and female urinary tract and genital surgical reconstruction, including major reconstruction of the urethra, bladder, ureter, penis, and external genitalia, as well as other less common urogenital disorders.
For those born with congenital urinary defects, there are often new challenges that come with transitioning from childhood into adulthood. We provide seamless urologic care throughout childhood, adolescence, and adulthood.
About Dr. Kunal Aterkar
1) He has done McH in urology ( McH is a 5-year course after doing MBBS)
2) He provides consultation to many hospitals in Ahmedabad regarding urology.
3) His expertise covers all urology treatments: Urology stone, All Urology Surgeries, Uro-Oncology, Sexual Disorders, Kidney transplant, etc.
4) Dr. Kunal Aterkar is an eminent Urologist & Kidney Transplant Surgeon in Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
5) There are many awards given to him, he has deep study and work experience on various projects.
If you want a consultation on urinal problems or any genital problem then he is the best reconstructive urologist in Ahmedabad. Feel free to contact us anytime on 9913777445.